Where is the complex?
The Doddendaal complex is in the heart of the city. Do you like hustle and bustle and want to live at the centre of Nijmegen? Doddendaal is the place to be! You can get to the educational institutions in just fifteen minutes by bike. Nice and close!
What kind of rooms are there?
The complex is divided into an older building and new construction. The older building was once a convent with a beautiful courtyard garden. In total, there are 146 rooms at Doddendaal.
The older building consists of:
- eight independent, single apartments
- four independent, double apartments
- forty single rooms with shared facilities, in which two tenants share one kitchen, shower, and toilet. The tenants themselves can nominate a new flatmate for the room that opens up. This is the right of coöptatie.
The new construction consists of:
- fourteen independent, double apartments
- eighty single rooms in which facilities are shared with eight other tenants. The tenants themselves can nominate a new flatmate for the room that opens up. This is the right of coöptatie.
Is there a lift?
No, there is no lift.
I have a car. Can I park at this complex?
There is space for 21 cars at the complex. Do you have a car and want to rent a parking space? Please call the Housing department or send an e-mail to infosshnnl
What will I pay for a room?
Besides complex caretakers, you will also meet customer managers at your complex. The customer managers are your first point of contact and will work with you towards creating a good living environment at your complex. They will also ensure that you are engaged in projects or other matters that are relevant for your complex. The complex caretakers will focus on the everyday maintenance of the complexes, and are the first point of contact for any companies we work with. As the managers and caretakers work closely together, they can provide you with even better service. Our page about the different offices contains information about who the customer managers and complex caretakers are at your complex. Feel free to talk to them if you have any questions!